Fun things only sewing lovers would like.
Do you know Elsie Marley yet? She is kind of amazing. Megamind behind Kids Clothes Week, and all around creative genius. And in case you wer...
Lately I have been reading a lot about being thankful. Not just about being thankful in every day things, but also how being thankful can he...
I was thinking about my K.I.D.S. series recently, and how I haven't done one in a while. K.I.D.S. is all about giving your little ones a voi...
Have a few minutes to kill? So did we. And after having so much fun figuring out which sewing celebrity blogger would be our BFF, we thou...
Loads of sewing DIYs, all in once place.
I was going through my Halloween content recently, when I realized...holy smokes - I have made a BUNCH of Halloween crafts over the years! Like way more than I ever thought I would, considering costume sewing used to be one of my least faves. But between the blog, and other companies I work with that look for Halloween content each year, it starts to pile up[...]
Breastfeeding. It's everywhere lately. Whether it is seeing the video of Olivia Wilde dumping breastmilk on her head, hearing about how Anthro kicked out a breastfeeding Mom, or seeing a picture of Giselle breastfeeding her daughter via Instagram, it is all over my Social Media pages. Breastfeeding Awareness week was the first week in August, and the celebs [...]
Bright green pecans are growing abundantly on our tree, which means fall is just around the corner. One of my goals for this year was to sew more for myself, and what better way to do that than to add some key pieces to my fall wardrobe. These patterns include some essentials to spruce up any closet, so I hope you find some fall inspiration here yourself. [...]
Make this Look
Patterns sewn recently, and other inspirationalal ideas for what you can make.
I don't know about you, but after a Summer of maxi dresses and skirts - I am not quite ready to put on my skinny jeans....yet. So while I am still figuring out fun new stylish ways to wear leggings and tights, I stumbled across this awesome wide leg pants pattern by Jocole (with yoga waistband), and fell in love. I immediately reached out and asked ever so [...]
Somehow I seem to have fallen off the sewing wagon for little man, and it was time to get back on. Over the past 2 - 3 months we have been working really hard at potty training Ben. I know each child is different, but Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben Ben. So much tougher than the girls. I have never cleaned up so much poop in my life. But I digress. Now that we a[...]
I am obsessed with tribal fabric lately. After finding this one in my local store's clearance bin, I snatched it up like I was running through a sample sale. It was MINE! Mine, mine, mine. The only problem was, I only had about 1/2 - 3/4 yard to play with. Not enough to make something fabulous for myself, juuuust enough to eek out something for the kids. [...]
Who is writing all of this?
Check out the main authors of the Sewing Rabbit.
- Jess Abbott the Sewing Rabbit is the founder and creative director behind the sewing rabbit blog, as well as SewSet.com, 5 & 10 Designs, and co-editor in chief of STYLO magazine. She resides in Virginia Beach with her husband and 3 children. Website: www.sewingrabbit.com
- Author of Lexi Made, Alexia is a professional photographer and has been sewing for a little over a year. She currently resides in Utah with her husband, and 3 beautiful children. Website: www.leximade.com
- Author of Sew Country Chick, Justine loves to update her 100 year old farmhouse in couture style. She currently resides in California with her husband and three children. Website: www.sewcountrychick.com
- Founder of Modern Handcraft, Nicole has a passion for quilting. Working as a part time flight attendant, she has learned to perfect the art of 'crafts on the go'. She currently resides in Chicago with her husband and son. Website: www.modernhandcraft.com
- Founder of EcoArmoire, Melissa has a passion for all things eco-friendly and sustainable, which comes out in her sewing. From women's, to children, to men's, to entire wedding parties - Melissa does it all! Website: www.ecoarmoire.com
- Author of the blog Sewing Mama RaeAnna, this awesome Mama has a passion for sewing for her children. RaeAnna also teaches piano to children, and resides in Nashville with her husband and 2 children. Website: www.sewingmamaraeanna.com
- Author of Girl Like the Sea, Tara calls her sewing style modern, quirky, nerdy, whimsical, striped, and sometimes irreverent. A professional hair-stylist, this sewing mama currently resides in Virginia with her husband and 3 kids. Website: www.girllikethesea.org
- Author of daisies and dresses, Bernadette has been crafting ever since she could hold a pair of scissors. She also runs a successful Etsy shop, where she sells all of her handsewn goodies. Website, www.daisiesanddresses.blogspot.com