Today, I have one for you
Ta da! The super easy, make under an hour, fleece kids hat! I wanted to do this hat now with Halloween around the corner, as it is an easy way to make a cute holiday top with little fuss. These hats are intended for kids between 2 – 5 years of age.
****Pattern is a bit grainy looking for now – still working on trying to get high res images uploaded to computer. Hope to get fixed soon. When you print out, be sure bottom edge of hat is 10″ wide, adjust accordingly if not!****
Sewing machine optional, as this hat is easy enough to hand sew!
Lets get started!
Hat Pattern A: Hat with ribbon
2. With right sides of fabric facing each other, sew along outside edge, leaving bottom straight edge open
3. Turn hat right side out, and flip bottom edge up 1/4″ (so raw edge is exposed). Pin & sew – see Photo on right
4. Turn hat wrong side out
5. Cut 22″ piece of grosgrain ribbon and attach to the bottom edge of hat
7. Turn hat right side out, turn bottom of hat up on fold line, and sew along top edge of rim.
8. Cut 17″ piece of grosgrain ribbon and make a bow. Attach bow to side of hat with a few back and forth stitches on either side of bow’s knot.
Hat Pattern B – Character Hat
2. Sew inner ear on top of outer ear, repeat for other ear – see photo on right
3. Place back of ear on top of front of ear, with right sides together, pin around edges leaving bottom open. Sew. Repeat for other ear
5. Pin ears onto top rounded edge of right side of hat, with inner ear against right side of hat and raw edge of ear against raw edge of hat – baste stitch. Trim off any excess ear fabric. See photo on left
6. Lay back of hat on top of front of hat, right sides together and pin around outside curved edge, leaving bottom open. Sew
7. Turn hat right side out, and flip bottom edge up 1/4″ (so raw edge is exposed). Pin & sew See photo on left
9. Pin on eyeballs & sew around circle – see photo on right
10. Sew on buttons and voila, you have a super cute hat to keep your child’s head warm this October!
Happy Tutorial Tuesday everyone!!!