60′s Inspired Children’s Jumper

While browsing around on the internet the other day, I came across a pattern for a Jumper from the 60′s and fell in LOVE. I knew instantly that not only did my daughter have to have it, but that I could make it! YEAH!

I immediately went to our local thrift store looking for some material I could work with and found an amazing navy Men’s Corduroy Sports coat. With an old skirt from Chloe’s closet, the sport coat material, and some matching fabric I had lying around here for the lining, I had everything I needed to get to work!

Looking for a tutorial so you can do it too? Keep Reading!

This may be one of my favorite creations yet. The sheer simplicity of it, I know my daughter will get tons of use out of it. And the best part? It doesn’t LOOK homemade. I hate it when I am out and about and someone asks me if I made something my children are wearing. I know it is supposed to be a compliment, but the best compliment to me is if someone thinks that I bought it at a unique boutique. That is what I love. That makes me feel like I did a good job!

For the tutorial to make your own 60′s Inspired Jumper, click HERE.

And one more free hint? If you ever want to do a photo shoot with a guitar, be sure to wipe it down first! Lol.

This jumper was featured at:

Comments

I love the preppy navy and green combo :) And while I don’t relate to your comment about wearing homemade clothes, I can definitely understand it – and NO ONE thought I made Babe’s dress at Christmas. They were shocked when I announced that my sister did :) Love you!

I think I had a jumper just like that back in the 60′s. Mom used to make the straps real long, so that she could keep moving the button down further as we got taller.

I love it and also love that you are reconstructing using fabric from the thrift store. You’ll find the best stuff there! Sorry I left out the Kuddo’s. No sleep. Pretty soon people won’t believe you made them and you will have to show them your label.

Thank you, thank you, THANNNK YOU!!! I’ve been googling 60s era jumper to hopefully get an idea to make one with no luck. I stumbled on your page from Nap Time Crafters and saw this on your tutorials and I couldn’t be more excited!!! I cannot wait to make this for my daughter. Thanks again and here I go to browse your page some more.

I love it. Just adorable. I can relate to your comment somewhat. I remember when I my children was in school. I couldn’t afford many store brought clothes so I made them. My daughter (age 9) would come home crying that the children was calling her “a lair” when asked about her clothes and she would tell them her mother made her clothes. I felt good about it, but to make her feel better, I started sewing custom made labels in her clothes, hoping that would eliminate the name calling. She came back and said a few of them believed her, but most said: “Awe that doesn’t mean anything – your Mom just removed the original tag and replaced it with hers.” So, she said she learned to dealt with it by telling them “Mom said thanks for the compliment.”

I also love the skirt you used to make the pattern. Did you make it? I am going to try to imitate that pattern.

Also have been looking for pattern similar to this for my grand daughter. Have denim material with monkeys on it her favorite and could not find a pattern..Thanks