Spring Fever Dress…

We’ve got Spring Fever around here! I don’t know about you, but we are dreaming about feeling the sunshine on our shoulders, seeing flowers blooming and bees buzzing, splashing in Spring Showers, and everything else that accompanies the awaking from the cold Winter. When the world around you seems to come alive again, and the playgrounds are suddenly teeming with children, Moms are strolling their babies around the block after their indoor hibernation, and families are eating Sunday picnics in the park…

…And little girls can wear SPRING DRESSES!!!

With all of this wishing, and hoping, and dreaming, I just had to feel a little bit of Spring myself. Even if it is just for a photo shoot with a bunch of tissue paper flowers :).

I give you my version of Spring Fever, in a dress…lol.

To upload the pattern pieces, click HERE. Click ‘File’, then ‘Print PDF’

And for the full tutorial on how to make the Spring Fever dress, click HERE.

Sugar and Spice and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of.

Ummm….maybe not. Lol

Happy Sewing everyone!

Comments

are you kidding me!!! that dress is AMAZING!! what boutique did you buy it at ;)! ok, im gonna have to give this one a shot and maybe your last lacey number too! thanks, you making my to do list grow! girl you can sew!!!

That is such a pretty dress! I know a certain someone who would look really cute in something similar for her first birthday…not-so-subtle hint, hint, hint! :)

And niece looks so pretty in that color! I love the dress on her :) That last picture is to-die-for! It’s already been 6 months since I saw you last – holy cow! I think I can still come in Feb, waiting until my doc appt though when we can ask. Love you!

This is beautiful. On the way to dance class with peanut we were talking about how we are done wearing boots and are ready for spring too! I love, love, love this dress as Eloise would say we have been reading a lot of those books. You are incredibly talanted! Love and Miss You!

wow. this is really amazing. I especially love the back of the dress. I know this is way beyond my sewing skills, but its inspiring me to learn more. love the pics too.

This is UNBELIEVABLY adorable! From one sewer of little people’s clothes to another -your work is beautiful!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition! (PLEASE)
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Gorgeous work! I wish I knew a bit more about sewing because I would love to tackle this one. Looks like I’ll have to bug my MIL for some more lessons :-) I especially love your backdrop for the photographs – what a fun idea to pose your adorable model in front of the pompoms!

This is an awesome dress and the tutorial looks great. I can’t see the last few pics :( in the tut but hopefully I can read it enough to make it make sense. I am also wondering if you have any tips on making this bigger? I have a daughter that’s a size 6 and a friends daughter who is an 8.

Thank you so much Tricia! I would love to see it! You can upload it to my Facebook page if you want everyone to see it, or e-mail it to me if it is just for me :). I cant wait!!!

I used to have a flickr page, but found it wasn’t used all that often.

Hi Jessica, I am dying to make this for my daughter for spring, but the problem is that she is a size 8/10. Do you have a pattern for the dress in this size that I could purchase or any suggestions as to how I could adapt this one to fit her. i was thinking to just have one long skirt on it rather than layered, so I would really just need instructions on making the bodice larger. I love it and hope you can help me. I would certainly be willing to pay for it!
    Thanks, Renee

Hi Jessica – I’m working on this dress for my daughter’s Easter dress. I’m stuck at the step that you attach the ruffled U shape to the back bodice piece. I don’t know why but I can’t get it. I attached the pieces right sides together, but I just ended up with a bodice piece that had the ruffle U piece facing the back :-/ So I seam ripped it and am now staring at the picture of the “That is the Back Bodice folded in on itself in the picture.” and am at a loss. I’m thinking maybe if I attach the right side of the bodice to under-side of the ruffle/wrong side of the U piece that would work?? Thanks for any help!

Hi Jennifer I just made this dress a few days ago, not sure if I can describe it properly to help you but i’ll try. Find the middle of the u piece mark it with a pin and then find the middle of the bodice piece and mark it with a pin. Then take the U piece and match it up with the pin on the bodice piece right sides facing each other pin and sew. Make sure right sides are sandwiched together then you can just unfold it and press with iron. Hope this helps if you still find it hard then e-mail me at [email protected] just put sewing help in subject line. I know how annoying it is to try and figure it out and you just end up frustrated!

Also you are sewing it on the underside of the ruffle so push ruffle up and either pin in place or hold while you pin the back bodice piece on the U piece. This way the ruffle will stay on the outside and not end up on the inside of the garment. Hope I helped!

Thanks for the free pattern I love the back of this dress. I made the dress for my niece but changed the skirt and added a band around the waist line. Great pattern and get directions I had no problems putting it together!

I just made this for my daughter for Easter. It’s ADORABLE! I did have to go back and get more outer fabric. I bought a yard at first and went back for a second because I didn’t even get all the ruffles cut out of the first yard. For a size 5, I would recommend at least 1 1/2 yards of outer fabric. It turned out so cute, though.

Wow, this dress is amazingly beautiful, thank you do much for sharing so generously!!
    I would love to see that dress for my daughter, could you please help me with the size? I am German (living in Brazil) so I am not very used to your size system… My daughter
    Is two and a half year old, and about 87 cm tall/small (about 34 inches). Should I use size 2 then?
    I would really appreciate your answer a lot!

Cheers,
    Dorothee

I adore this dress! I have a 4-year-old granddaughter who refuses to wear dresses. I plan on making it for her, but if she won’t wear it, perhaps her little baby sister, now 6 months old, will wear it in a few years. Precious! Thanks so much for sharing your sewing skills with us. It’s truly a gift.

I just made this adorable dress using two contrasting knit fabrics. My daughter (age 4.5) loves the swinginess of the fabric and the twirliness of the ruffles. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

16. Marie Danneels says

I would like to thank you so much for the patterns en your tutorial; so friendly of you !
    Marie
    Belgium/Europe

1. […] Well, here I am again.  I wasn’t planning to do a boy re-mix as well, but as I sat down to make my Will a little pair of seersucker pants for Easter..I started thinking….wouldn’t it be cute if I added a little cutout/plus buttons to the front of these pants..kind of like the Oliver+S Sailboat pants?? and kind of like the cut-out in the back of Jessica’s Spring Fever Dress…. […]