Oh Jackie Dress Tutorial

The theme for last week’s Project Run & Play was ‘adult inspired’. I figured you could never go wrong if you looked to style icon Jackie O, and took her iconic dress and adapted it for my little girl.

Inspiration:

Entry:

I love this dress! Want your very own little style icon? For the tutorial and pattern pieces, click HERE.

Want to know how I made the adorable pill box hat that went with the outfit?

Found a great tutorial HERE. The tutorial is for an adult hat, but I kept the size specifications and just used it for my daughter and found it fit her perfectly.

My only dilemma? This week’s theme is Retro / Vintage…DOH!

Happy Sewing everyone :)

A Limited Commercial License is available for purchase for the Jackie O Dress, click below for more details…

Comments

Wow! I love it! I love the colors and the super sweet pattern… The buttons up the back are great! I’m going to bookmark the tutorial, even though I think it’s probably beyond my capacity! :)

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I just made my 3 year old one out of a thrift store duvet cover (for only $2!). It is going to be her Easter dress. By the way, do you have a pattern/tutorial for the little blue half cami you made too? It looks great!

I LOVE this and am definitely planning on making an Easter dress with this! I was wondering about the shrug also! If there is a pattern for that, I would LOVE it!

Hi I am making this dress for my 2 girls.Really love the idea! I’m making some changing in the making and upload it to my blog.Thanks for this really useful tutorial! Love it!

i really want to make this for my 10 year old…how do I make it bigger for her? any suggestions? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    alison

I love this dress. I made your Rapunzel dress for my daughter’s 4th birthday and she loved it, and is wearing it again for Halloween.
    I was able to download the tutorial but not the pattern for the pieces. Do you have any suggestions or can you email them?

7. Pam Barker says

I would to attempt this dress for my daughter and granddaughter. However, I could not get the pattern pieces to come up. It says, “no longer found”. Is there anyway you could email this to me? I absolutely love his dress!
    Thanks,