Madeline’s Collection – The Embroidered Tunic!

I wasn’t sure what to start with this week, but after going to Madeline’s gymnastics class and having two separate mothers come up to ask me where I bought this top, I knew it was the winner and worthy to be shared :). I simply love it, probably because of the little extra work that I put into it with the embroidered back.

It is just so pretty and feminine, yet completely wearable and comfortable at the same time!

I have discovered a new fascination with embroidery lately, and am loving adding these little personalized touches to my outfits. I feel like they are that little extra something that tells the wearer that this outfit was made with love…

With a fabric like damask, I didn’t need any additional embroidery pattern, just followed along with the fabric lines.

I even got to add my latest favorite fashion accessory, braids, with the tie around the neck! Overall I feel like this shirt is a total success, one we will get tons of use out of.

For your free tutorial to make this kids tunic, click HERE.

Now if we can just get the weather to warm up a tad bit more, we would be in business! Lol.

Happy Sewing everyone!

This tunic was featured at:

Today's Top 20

Comments

So cute…love that spring green color and the length of the sleeves too! The more I see your stuff, the more tempted I am to go borrow my mom’s sewing machine!

just amazing jessica!! beautiful work and such a fun top. I’ll definitely have to try one of these out for my girls for summer!

This came our beautiful :) The embroidery adds so much to it. I am sure you could buy something like this in a little boutique and it would be quite expensive :)

Such an innovative idea! I have never seen anything like it! It’s simple perfection. It almost reminds me of a combination of quilting and embroidery. Great job!

Oh my word, this is bizarrely gorgeous! I love that it’s girlie without being pink and frilly. Beautiful work! I’ll be your newest follower, I hope you’ll follow me back!

I’m wondering Would it be hard to make this for a smaller child? 7-9 months? I love the top but my little girl wont make her entrance into the world until Sept. So I’m thinking next summer. Thoughts?

I used this idea to make something similar for my son, and it turned out it’s a bit difficult to put on. The head goes in ok, but the hands are a bit difficult, though when it’s on it’s no too tight.