Maternity Bib Halter Tank

For my last Maternity Creation, I wanted a nice comfy knit cotton shirt. There is nothing more comfortable in the Summer then cotton, cotton, cotton! But I am so bored with all of the basic T’s you find at the maternity stores! So with a little inspiration from Pinterest, and a gorgeous photo of a beaded Bib Tank on Drew Barrymore, I let the creativity loose and came up with my own braided version…

Don’t look now, someone is modeling…lol

I feel so ridiculous taking pictures of just me, especially when I am trying to model the clothing. But it’s like I always say…I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is. Lol

For your free tutorial to make the Maternity Bib Halter Tank, click HERE.

My favorite part is how imaginative you can get on the bib with embellishments! I opted for fabric braids – but you can embellish it with beads, rosettes, rope, paint, let your imagination run wild!

Thanks so much for stopping by Maternity Week here at Me Sew Crazy, I seriously hope this helps a lot of women out there. Lord knows it helped spruce up my closet :)

‘Til next time, Happy Sewing!

PS – It’s Zoolander :)

Comments

So not only do I think all of your maternity projects are super cute, but also that you look BEAUTIFUL in these pictures!

Join Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, they can teach you that there’s more to life than just being really, really, really good looking. :)
    I really like the top!

I love what you came up with….it looks so comfy and yet so stylish! And you look so awesome preggers :) It makes me miss having a belly!

You look absolutely STUNNING! Just standing there ;) Fantastic job! If you keep sewing with knots you will become addicted and will want some ball point needles… then those wont be enough and you will want that serger… Knits are addictive when you can master negative ease.
    Thank you for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can’t wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

You look beautiful. I feel so silly modeling anything I make to but it has made me much more confident. Anyway, awesome job.

Jeanna. @. Dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

This is really cute!! I love that it’s a halter tank too. I’m 38 weeks (and 1 day! ha!) pregnant, and I agree with you on the maternity clothes. The plain cotton ones just don’t cut it. My arms are the only part of me that still feels small, so something like this is perfect to accent them. Great job! You look amazing by the way!! :-)

Saw this on tea rose home. I’m trying to put together some maternity items myself so I’m glad to have found your blog.