Want a quick update to an old shirt? How about an exposed lace zipper?!!
With some left over lace scraps, an invisible zipper, and a zipper foot for your sewing machine, this is an easy and quick refashion that turns any shirt into something just a tad more feminine and lovely.
You can put it on the back of your shirt, the front in a diagonal for a more modern and fresh look, or twist it up even further and have it come from the bottom hem! There are so many options for this exposed zipper look, and no one will think you did it at home .
To add lace to your zipper, simply…
1. Cut 2 pieces of lace the same length as your zipper
2. Fray check the ends of your lace
3. Pin one of the pieces of lace to one side of the zipper.
4. Using your zipper foot carefully sew on as close to the zipper teeth as possible. Sew down to the bottom, and up again further away from the teeth to really secure the lace in place. Repeat for other side of zipper.
5. You should now have a pretty nice looking zipper! To add to a shirt simply…
6. See the in-depth tutorial I found HERE for attaching an exposed zipper, cutting a slit in your T Shirt.
7. Fold under the raw edges of the slit
8. And pin the zipper to the shirt, folding under the raw edges of the zipper and lace at the ends, enclosing all raw edges (both shirt and zipper folds) when pinning on. Sew
And that’s it!
You have a super cute lace zipper you can use with just about anything!
Sorry for my lame photos…lol, I was soooooooooooo ready to give birth already when I was taking these – and was in no mood to be taking photos. Lol – I always laugh when I look slightly peeved in my photos, as if it isn’t my fault in the first place that I am taking them! hahaha, oh the things we bloggers do for a good post .
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week, and until next time…