PR&P Tutorials, Week 1 – Circle Bags

Today we are finishing off the tutorials for my Back to School look for Project Run & Play’s Week 1 Challenge. As you recall, I planned my look around ‘Shapes’, and I thought it would be so much fun to create a completely circular backpack for Chloe!

Naturally, that led to a circular insulated lunch bag…

…And then I felt like Madeline needed something too, so let’s make it an odd three with the messenger bag. (I stopped myself at the wristlet! Lol).

I give you the Circle Bags…

They are fully machine washable, including the lunch bag, which is important in my opinion as I never quite know what will come home in those bags! Lol

Of course my favorite part would be the little extra personalized touches that hand making something like this for your child adds.

And knowing that every time she sits down to eat lunch, she will be reminded of how much she is loved!

Of course Madeline wants to be exactly like her big sister, and refused to wear her Messenger Bag over the shoulder. I was asked, quite forcefully, to put hers on just like Chloe’s – over her shoulders…lol. Wait for me Chloe!

For your free patterns and tutorial, click HERE.

We hope you liked our Back to School look for Project Run & Play!

Next week I will be taking a mini vacation with the family to the Happiest Place on Earth – but don’t you worry…I will start on Week 2′s Tutorials before I leave, and of course I will still be revealing my current Project Run & Play look if I haven’t been given the boot prior! Lol

Thank you again so much for all of your votes, they mean so much to me! It always makes me so happy to know that you like what I do, as it is one of the main reasons I run this blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Comments

I just got home from the happiest place on earth. Didn’t want to leave, so I am excited for you. Hope you do the Not So Scary Hlloween Party. No waiting for rides, dance parties, great costumes, candy. It was great. Have fun!!!!!

love the bags you make it look so simple and that is so cool i am just starting to sew and this is a really got confudence bustter that if i can do this i can do anything

I am sorry I couldn’t respond to your comment directly, your e-mail is turned off. So I do hope you check back here for the response.

These circle bags are on the more difficult side, I am assuming you are trying to make the zippered lunch bag – as that is by far the most difficult, and was very hard to try to do a tutorial for. Mainly because it is impossible to get good photos of one part, when you are trying to sew the lining and exterior together.

You need to be mostly concerned about just keeping the right sides together, as long as you do that, you are on the right track. And of course, keeping the zipper ajar in one location, so you can turn the bag right side out afterwards. If you can’t get a full stitch all the way around, as with the insulated lining it can get bulky – whipstitch the area closed.

I hope this helps, and I am sorry if you found it confusing.

Thank you for replying. Yes, I was referring to the lunch bag. I’ll try it out. I must say your bags are really really lovely.

The circle bag is just adorable! But I am unable to download the pattern templates. The page keeps saying that it “took too long” to download — what does that mean? What can I do? Carol Barringer Santa Barbara, CA

I am not sure why it would do that, they are basically housed in an open google doc. Your e-mail reply is turned off, so I couldn’t respond to you directly – but if you e-mail me your address, I can try to e-mail them to you directly.

Thank you again!