Quilted Fairy Tales Jacket, Chloe’s Fall Collection Continued…

This is one of those cases where you fall in love with a fabric, and start creating something in your head around that fabric to make! That is how the quilted jacket entered Chloe’s Fall Collection. I fell in L-O-V-E with the Tula Pink Prince Charming Collection, and absolutely needed to make something with their Turtle Bay Fabric in Ivory.

Initially I was going to quilt around the actual design, but when that proved too time consuming and difficult I ended up doing a free motion range quilt design along the pattern pieces. This gave the jacket such a cute whimsical look, and I love how it turned out!

The quilting is completely optional, and you can make this jacket as lightweight or heavy as you would like. Perfect for the cooler temperatures heading our way!

For your free tutorial, and pattern pieces for a Size 5 girl, click HERE.

Happy Sewing :)

Comments

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I wish I was little enough to have you make me a whole wardrobe of adorable things like this! Love the coat and the quilting is fantastic. It absolutely makes the whole look. Love it!

And thank you so much for your free patterns. It is like Christmas when you post one of your adorable patterns for free! :) Your directions and photos are clear and easily understood. Thanks!

Jessica, you are one brave gal! After making that adorable jacket I would not have the heart to let my daughter actually WEAR it. Don’t get me wrong – I do clean her up, but peanut butter and jelly, chocolate milk, and that elusive marker-that-got-away always seems to be lurking, waiting to destroy anything in its path….

I don’t comment very often, but I just had to tell you after seeing this one that all of your pieces look so professional! Actually better than professional because I know you can’t find anything this nice at Target! Thanks for the inspiration!

I love Chloe’s fall collection! It’s just perfect! I’m going to have to improve my sewing skills since my little ones really need many of these pieces!!!

I have a hard time processing just how talented you are! If I didn’t know better, I would have guessed that you payed a fortune for this jacket. Keep the great tutorials coming! :)

6. Kelly Keith says

I love this jacket as does my 4 year old. I decided to try to make one for her, but since we’re in Canada and it gets fairly windy and cold way before the snow comes I decided to make it a bit longer and add a zipper. It was a riot, I have never worked with piping, I didn’t even know what interfacing was, I had never done sleeves on anything heavier than flannette. And finally not only had I never put in a zipper, I didn’t even know which of the feet that came with my machine was the zipper foot. Yeah, I am that new to this whole thing. Your tutorial was SO amazingly clear and straight forward I not only did all of the things I didn’t think I could do, the jacket is actually the right size and she can wear it. Of course it isn’t “pink” enough so I have to add pockets of the lining material, but I think I can handle that. Please feel free to check out my picture on Pinterest. here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/144537469264845020/

Thanks so much for the great inspiration.

Kelly Keith

7. DENA says

Hello! I absolutely love this jacket! I think this would a perfect piece for a holiday dinner as well. Can you tell what type of fabric you used for the exterior?

Thanks