Bustle Backpack – NEW SIZE!

One of the things I get asked about the most is the Bustle Backpack. And after many requests for a school sized version of the ever popular bag, all I have to say is…

Your wish is my command.

Bustle Backpack by Me Sew Crazy

Comments

Looks like I will be doing some sewing for my girls. And I have a 5 year old soon to be Kindergartner that will be so excited! Thanks! It was worth the wait. :)

I just have one question…the pattern piece that says Fold fabric in quarters, line up the center and cut on folds, what is that piece for?..I know I am missing it, but can’t seem to understand how that piece fits in..Thank you very much for the school-size, I am making 3!!!

Thanks for your inquiry! There are two different size backpacks offered. The circle half pattern piece is for the accessory size. The quartered fold pattern piece is for the larger backpack version – both pattern pieces are the very bottom of the backpack, depending on which version you are making.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks again, Jess

So is the school sized smaller or larger than the original? Could you post a photo of both side by side please? I am so confused! Lol. I love this project but I just cant figure it out!

Great project, thank you so much for coming up with those terrific tutes! Is this a free pattern? It seems that is has to be downloaded through scribd and they’re charging $9?

Iris

5. Joyce says

I see there is no reply for Iris question.Do we have to pay. It says free. Love your work.Great tutorials and patterns.

6. Joyce says

Thank You soooo! much Jess! you are the best.God bless you.I am on my way to making this for my special little girls,and some big ones too.Lol.

7. Marion says

Hello Jess,
    Thank you for making you patterns for the ‘Bustle backpack’ available, it is so generous of you to share your great ideas.
    I am about to make 3 of these bags for my grandnieces (all under 5) for xmas presents.

I wish you a beautiful, happy and holy christmas.
    God bless,