Heather, nicknamed Heather Feather, is the talented seamstress and designer behind Feather’s Flights!
Her tutorials page is chock full of goodness, including a 6 part series on how to tailor a men’s suit! Just seriously amazing!
I’m so excited to be here on Me Sew Crazy and share with you today! I have fallen in love with making boy clothing, and was first inspired by this shirt romper. I knew I could easily make something similar by using parts of a man’s button up shirt, so I made a pattern and tutorial to share!
- Free Man’s Shirt Baby Pattern (and cutting out instructions), size 6-12mo.
- Lightweight man’s button up shirt
- sewing machine, thread, scissors, pins
- snaps or buttons or other closure
2. Take the collar pieces and with right sides together sew 1/4″ on all edges except the neck edge.
6. Take yoke pieces and sew center back seam at 1/4″.
12. Take in the same amount you took in on the other yoke piece.
16. To finish the front edges of the yoke, turn inside out and sew across the edge at 1/4″. Don’t catch the collar underneath.
18. When turned right side out, pin the two yoke layers together. There will be three straight edges, the two fronts and the back.
21. With right sides together sew sleeve seam at 1/4″. Finish edges.
23. On back body piece, fold the back inseam at 3/4″ and sew down at 5/8″.
28. Hem up each leg 1″.
blog | facebook | pinterest | twitter | google+
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…Happy Sewing!