A week or so ago I posted a picture of a sewing dud on Facebook.

IMG_9701

I was just having one of those weeks to tell you the truth, when everything you sew just doesn’t seem to be working. Sometimes you just need to step away, and that is exactly what I did. 




When I realized it had potential, I posted a photo of it onto FB and asked for your advice…

Woah.  You guys were amazing!  The feedback was incredible, and the overwhelming majority said to remove the bulk from the top somehow and remove the sleeves.  




I thought the shirring, as suggested in FB, was my best option for this…




IMG_9731



And it looked immediately better! Then I went ahead and added the belt as suggested…

IMG_9732

This had the exact effect the dress needed, to cut up the large polka dot fabric!

The only bummer was it turned the dress into a definite Summer fashion, not suitable for Fall. 




 But a jean jacket solved that problem for me…

IMG_9738

Thank you to all my Facebook peeps for your incredible help!  You helped me to turn a sewing dud into a sewing success!  You guys rock!




Sometimes all you need is a little help from your friends :).



Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…



Happy Sewing!