34 Things for 34 Candles…

I am officially 34 years old today. I remember my Mom being 34 when I was a kid, and thinking it seemed so ooooooooooooooooooooold. Funny how we see things as kids, and how our perspective changes when we are viewing it from the other side.

I thought it would be fun to share a few things with you on my birthday. 34 things to be exact!  1 for each candle…

1) I am a huge ice cream person, in fact – I eat it almost every night. I have tried to go cold turkey, found it wasn’t worth it. Lol

2) I love to sing, not saying I am very good at it – but I love doing it. I sing all of the time, to my kids – I make up songs & jingles, and all of my kids have a ‘special’ song that is just theirs.

3) Chloe’s special song is the Barney Song, I will need to apologize to her for this later on in life.

4) Fall is my favorite time of year – I mean, isn’t that true for everyone?

5) I suffer from bad allergies – horrendous! I am not even joking you, I wake up almost every night at 3am and have a massive allergic reaction. So bad.

6) I like bread with my butter.

7) I have to force myself to be extroverted, especially around people I don’t know.

8) I am an avid reader, I read to put myself to sleep every night. I am currently in the middle of ‘In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day’ by Mark Batterson

9) My husband used to be a professional dancer, which means I have learned to dance a bit from him. We are currently in the middle of taking Salsa lessons together.

10) I am all about Marshall’s. Now that I sew, I find it very hard to pay full price for just about anything clothing related.

11) I cannot use Illustrator. I swear, I have tried to use and learn this amazing program on numerous occasions, all to no avail. I am convinced all Illustrator users are geniuses.

12) Speaking of geniuses, my Great-Grandfather actually was a genius. There is a star named after him.

13) Turquoise is probably my favorite stone for jewelry for every day wear.

14) I can’t choose a favorite color, I don’t know how people can! I love almost all of them.

15) I am a pizza snob. I grew up in New York, so this is only natural.

16) My kids are my greatest challenge in life, as well as my greatest joy. Even as I write this, I am questioning its validity because it could perhaps be my marriage instead.

17) I still wear bell bottoms, I don’t care what magazines say are ‘in’ or ‘out’ when it comes to style. I look awful in jeans that are actually leggings – and would much prefer a fuller leg.

18) I bought my first pair of straight leg pants 1 month ago, it felt like a compromise.

19) I have a few favorite TV Shows on air right now – Shark Tank, Once Upon a Time, & Glee. If it is a choice between Project Runway and Glee, I choose Glee. Furthermore, I am still bummed that Heroes went off the air.

20) I love puzzles, and I think this directly relates to why I love ePatterns. The challenge of putting them together!

21) I have a double jointed jaw, I can pop it out of its place and really make it look funky as I pop it back and forth.

22) I bite my nails…terrible habit. I know.

23) I am typically a very fast learner. And if there is something I am not picking up right away, I get very frustrated. My Grandfather learned this firsthand when he tried to teach my Golf one year.

24) I love to run, love, love, love it. Unfortunately – I haven’t done it in almost 2 years now. Need to start waking up earlier!

25) I was a child actress when I was growing up. My Mom would take me into the city to meet with agents and go on auditions. I only did one commercial, it was for the World Series on CBS. Shortly thereafter I got braces and my acting career came to an end.

26) My jobs before I became a stay at home Mom include being an executive assistant to a multi-millionaire, working on Broadway, running Corporate Events, and being the Executive Director of the Celebrity Chef Tour.

27) It is extremely hard for me to sit still and relax. I always like to be doing something, the second I sit down I get tired.

28) I love weddings – every time I get invited to one I get really excited!

29) My husband hates my favorite pajama pants. They are grey sweats with a hole in them, there is just something about them though…can’t give ‘em up.

30) I don’t like stuff, like little clutter stuff. When someone gives me a little statue or something to display, it sets my teeth on edge.

31) I also don’t decorate my mantels or door stoop for every season like so many DIY bloggers. Just a Harvest themed wreath for Halloween & Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations and mantels when the time comes. I am so impressed with their creativity though.

32) I love going to amusement parks – roller coasters are my favorite and I cannot wait for the girl’s to get old enough to go on with them!

33) I am a certified scuba diver, well – probably not anymore. But I was! Cozumel was amazing.

34) I idolized the New Kids on the Block when I was a tween, had a stand up poster and everything! I <3 Joey.

Wowza – Do you know how hard it is to come up with 34 random facts about yourself?!! Lol – it was fun though. I had to ask my husband a couple of times for things off the top of his head!

Comments

yay for new kids on the block! I always love to find out what kind of careers stay at home moms used to have– it sounds like you were having lots of fun!

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE this kind of post!! So fun to find out new facts about people! Where did you work on Broadway? I went to Cincinnati Conservatory of Music for Musical Theater and a bunch of my classmates are in some different shows on Broadway right now. I LOVE singing and dancing!!! So fun :) Have a great day!!

happy birthday you old lady:) i loved this post!! oh and i am so #17 and #30 too! boot cut is as far as i will go:) wow about the other jobs…i worked with the elderly and was a meat wrapper in a slaughter house.

Happy Birthday!! This was so fun – to read all about you! Wow – you have some really interesting stuff in there! I’m all curious about your great grandpa and his star! And your jobs sound super interesting too! :) I hope you have a fabulous day!

First of all, happy birthday! Second, this post just cemented why I love your blog, because you sound like someone I would be friends with in real life. And third, I am totally stealing this idea on my birthday, but I will have to come up with 36 things, oy!

Happy birthday!!! I love this post too – I think we sewing bloggers probably naturally have a lot of personality traits in common, just because we like already share a love of sewing, photography, and writing while our kids are little and our time is limited. I can’t just sit on the couch either, I’m a quick learner, love roller coasters, don’t like random STUFF (but do like meaningful things), can’t shop full price, and much more! The star thing is totally fascinating! I like you. :)

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day! Mine was four days ago, but sadly, I am not 34. Oh, to be that young again! I really enjoyed this post! Thanks for sharing so much personal info.

Great list! 34 has been a great year so far =) I’m a little sad to be headed toward 35. You know. Mid 30′s. And I always say “I don’t decorate.” I only have cute parts of the house where I made things at Pinterest parties. And my doorstep? Oh yeah. Christmas mat all year long =)

Happy Bday Jess! I turned 34 on 10/8….so far, so good! I loved reading your list! I could so identify w/ some of them:
    - natural introvert
    - ice cream! my favorite food and I can’t narrow it down to 1 flavor
    - same here on the pants….tried on some skinnies the other day…nope, not into the spandex on my thighs! I will still be rockin’ the boot-cut til it comes back again :)
    - hard to relax….yep, I fall asleep too (maybe I should get more sleep)
    - Don’t like stuff either….the show Hoarders makes me wanna purge even more!
    - NKOTB – huge fan! I was totally in love w/ Joey too :)
    Hope your day is great!
    Thx for posting this….loved to get to know you better!

Happy 34th bday, Jessica! It was fun reading your 34 facts. If I did facts for my next bday, I’d have to write 40! ;0
    I love that you eat ice cream every day; my newest nightly fixation is caramel and cheese popcorn. Only after the kids go to sleep of course! ;)
    Jen (piggybaby)

Happy 34th, Jessica! I love, love, love running, too… I’m really bad at getting up early to run; it was SO much easier before having children! With that said, I would like to get up tomorrow morning and get a few miles in before my little ones wake up. Oh, and Jonathan was my favorite NKOTB!!! Best wishes!

Happy Birthday! Fun to get to know you a little better. Funny that you brought up NKOTB, I was singing one of their songs the other day and my 14 year just looked at me like I was crazy. Then I tried to tell him they were popular when I was around his age and he just told me I must be ancient then if that kind of music was every popular.

Happy Birthday! Yay for Cozumel!!! I was there last May. I’d love to Scuba Dive, but all that water above me, and the sea creatures are frightening. And every time I’ve tried to do it, Jaws’ film music theme begins to play. I swear!

A belated Happy Birthday to you. This is such a fun post. I’m with you on not being able to sit still, and choosing a favourite colour. Love the photo too :)