I am officially 34 years old today. I remember my Mom being 34 when I was a kid, and thinking it seemed so ooooooooooooooooooooold. Funny how we see things as kids, and how our perspective changes when we are viewing it from the other side.
I thought it would be fun to share a few things with you on my birthday. 34 things to be exact! 1 for each candle…
1) I am a huge ice cream person, in fact – I eat it almost every night. I have tried to go cold turkey, found it wasn’t worth it. Lol
2) I love to sing, not saying I am very good at it – but I love doing it. I sing all of the time, to my kids – I make up songs & jingles, and all of my kids have a ‘special’ song that is just theirs.
3) Chloe’s special song is the Barney Song, I will need to apologize to her for this later on in life.
4) Fall is my favorite time of year – I mean, isn’t that true for everyone?
5) I suffer from bad allergies – horrendous! I am not even joking you, I wake up almost every night at 3am and have a massive allergic reaction. So bad.
6) I like bread with my butter.
7) I have to force myself to be extroverted, especially around people I don’t know.
8) I am an avid reader, I read to put myself to sleep every night. I am currently in the middle of ‘In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day’ by Mark Batterson
9) My husband used to be a professional dancer, which means I have learned to dance a bit from him. We are currently in the middle of taking Salsa lessons together.
10) I am all about Marshall’s. Now that I sew, I find it very hard to pay full price for just about anything clothing related.
11) I cannot use Illustrator. I swear, I have tried to use and learn this amazing program on numerous occasions, all to no avail. I am convinced all Illustrator users are geniuses.
12) Speaking of geniuses, my Great-Grandfather actually was a genius. There is a star named after him.
13) Turquoise is probably my favorite stone for jewelry for every day wear.
14) I can’t choose a favorite color, I don’t know how people can! I love almost all of them.
15) I am a pizza snob. I grew up in New York, so this is only natural.
16) My kids are my greatest challenge in life, as well as my greatest joy. Even as I write this, I am questioning its validity because it could perhaps be my marriage instead.
17) I still wear bell bottoms, I don’t care what magazines say are ‘in’ or ‘out’ when it comes to style. I look awful in jeans that are actually leggings – and would much prefer a fuller leg.
18) I bought my first pair of straight leg pants 1 month ago, it felt like a compromise.
19) I have a few favorite TV Shows on air right now – Shark Tank, Once Upon a Time, & Glee. If it is a choice between Project Runway and Glee, I choose Glee. Furthermore, I am still bummed that Heroes went off the air.
20) I love puzzles, and I think this directly relates to why I love ePatterns. The challenge of putting them together!
21) I have a double jointed jaw, I can pop it out of its place and really make it look funky as I pop it back and forth.
22) I bite my nails…terrible habit. I know.
23) I am typically a very fast learner. And if there is something I am not picking up right away, I get very frustrated. My Grandfather learned this firsthand when he tried to teach my Golf one year.
24) I love to run, love, love, love it. Unfortunately – I haven’t done it in almost 2 years now. Need to start waking up earlier!
25) I was a child actress when I was growing up. My Mom would take me into the city to meet with agents and go on auditions. I only did one commercial, it was for the World Series on CBS. Shortly thereafter I got braces and my acting career came to an end.
26) My jobs before I became a stay at home Mom include being an executive assistant to a multi-millionaire, working on Broadway, running Corporate Events, and being the Executive Director of the Celebrity Chef Tour.
27) It is extremely hard for me to sit still and relax. I always like to be doing something, the second I sit down I get tired.
28) I love weddings – every time I get invited to one I get really excited!
29) My husband hates my favorite pajama pants. They are grey sweats with a hole in them, there is just something about them though…can’t give ‘em up.
30) I don’t like stuff, like little clutter stuff. When someone gives me a little statue or something to display, it sets my teeth on edge.
31) I also don’t decorate my mantels or door stoop for every season like so many DIY bloggers. Just a Harvest themed wreath for Halloween & Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations and mantels when the time comes. I am so impressed with their creativity though.
32) I love going to amusement parks – roller coasters are my favorite and I cannot wait for the girl’s to get old enough to go on with them!
33) I am a certified scuba diver, well – probably not anymore. But I was! Cozumel was amazing.
34) I idolized the New Kids on the Block when I was a tween, had a stand up poster and everything! I <3 Joey.
Wowza – Do you know how hard it is to come up with 34 random facts about yourself?!! Lol – it was fun though. I had to ask my husband a couple of times for things off the top of his head!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…