Alt Summit Awesomeness…

Is Alt Summit really over?! My goodness how time flies. And let me just tell you, it was amazing. The women behind the scenes who organize and run this event are simply incredible.

So what is the number one question I have been asked since Alt Summit? Was it worth it?

Attending ALT Summit is kind of like attending a large party. Everything is simply over the top. Its like if your 6 year old, a party planner, and a member of the Martha Stewart team got together, this is what they would come up with. And it blows your mind. Of course you have an inkling going into it that you are in for a treat, but nothing can prepare you for what you are about to experience.

Giant sparkly swan in the Land of Nod room? Why not.

Photo booths where glitter is hurled at you….of course.

Sewing in the Bernina room with Rachel Faucett of Handmade Charlotte, Nora of Kollabora, and other incredibly talented seamstresses and bloggers…naturally.

And of course there is always taxidermy.

Its just like this giant party of awesomeness that you can’t even believe you are lucky enough to attend.

That is Emily in the photo above, the founder of Tea Collection with me and my good friend Miranda of One Little Minute.

And then of course you sit down to lunch only to find Dana is at your table with her good friend Molly. I mean – you cannot dream this stuff up!

It is simply amazing. The opportunity to have fun, while connecting with like minded bloggers and companies is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Want to work with Whimsy Box? Better Homes & Gardens? HGTV? They are all there, waiting and wanting to meet YOU.   Turns out they love us! They love bloggers and they want to be a part of your world.

So when you ask me if it was worth it, my answer is yes…if that is what you are looking for.

It is a scene, you go wearing your best dress or shoes, and it is trendy to the max. Which for someone like me (ahem – not a fashion blogger), can be kind of intimidating. There aren’t a lot of sewists there, not like Sewing Summit at least, and you can get lost in the crowd if you let yourself.

You have to push yourself.

Push yourself to be outside of the box, know that YOU are AWESOME, and WORTHY, and an EQUAL to the amazing people around you. And of course, you have to find incredible roommates…

Seriously, I don’t know what I would have done without these ladies. Lindsay of The Cottage Home and Stef of Girl. Inspired. Your roomies are like your wingmen, and I couldn’t have asked for more amazing women to have been able to surround myself with. I love them so much. Thank you guys for keeping me sane! Ha!

So was ALT Summit worth it? For me – yes. But the best part will always be returning home to my babies.

And PS – for those of you that think there are no bloggers on the East Coast…

BAM!

Comments

Jasmine Star was AMAZING Nydia! I am so happy you gave me the suggestion of going to her class, I am officially in love with her! She was so nice, and incredible talented. Everything she had to say was fantastic, and I am taking it to heart and applying it! Love her!

Such a great recap of the awesomeness, and I’m with you 100%. For Alt to be “worth it” you have to want it, and make it happen. The parties, friends, and food are all wonderful, but those real connections outside the box take a little intention and a lot of confidence. I loved it, too! And of course loved hanging with you cutie.

Its amazing how many people are asking me that question Miranda, its like you see these things on-line and in people’s recaps and you wonder. Should I go?

It all depends on what you want from your blogging! You were amazing!!!

ALT NY baby :)

Good for you! I’ve always been too intimidated to go to Alt, but I’m starting to build my courage, thanks to your encouragement. Glad you had a great time Jessica!

Jess, you are amazing! I can’t believe you’ve got your recap up already. I’m still trying to process everything. It was such a joy to be roommates with your and Stef. I am so excited that we got to experience this for the first time together. Miss you!!

What do you think I was doing Sunday morning in the hotel room while I was waiting for my flight? Lol – have myself a few days to just be home with my kids that way! Love them :).

It was so great rooming with you !!

Did you meet those other SC coastland bloggers? I’d be super interested in knowing who those 3 were and it is clear that my DBS business card was missing right smack dab in the middle of SC! It looked CRAZY!!! Now you should compare it to sewing summit, so I can decide where to spend my $ first! Please!

I love this. A lot of people are scared of things, but I think you get what you want to get out of it. And you get out of it what you put into it. Like church, sewing, work. What you get out of it is what you put into it. Kinda gives you motivation to work hard, and be the best you can, right?

It always looks like everyone has so much fun at all these conferences, and I love looking at the pictures! But I definitely haven’t worked up the courage to go myself yet. It would just end up like a “new girl in the high school lunch room” kinda situation, and I’d probably just geek out and hide in the corner. Maybe next year when I stop being such a chicken:P Glad you had a fun time though!

I know exactly how you feel Toni! There are times I found myself sitting on a chair against the wall, and it would have been so easy to stay there and just kind of hang like a wallflower. But I would force myself to get up and move!!!

But you would be exactly who I look for personally – anytime I saw someone standing alone, I would make a point to talk to them! And I am sure other people did the same. I hate it when I see people that look awkward, like they don’t know anyone – so if I notice it, I try to include and make people feel welcome. They are the easiest to talk to as well – have you ever tried to break into a group? Hello – no fun! Person standing alone – yes please!

But I can definitely understand that people would feel out of place – I think everyone does and just doesn’t say it. :)

I love your perspective! Thanks for sharing it. I was all set to go this year and ended up with a family conflict. It has to happen next year! Would be fun to meet!

This is awesome! I love how you put it all together! I feel like I need about a year to digest everything before I can put a post together. I kinda love these pictures, Jess! Thanks for an amazing trip! Love ya!

Ahhhh! All the reviews are making me crazy- I really wish I was there! It looks like you had such fun and took everything you could from it- that’s amazing. I guess I’ll see you in NYC in june…