Boys are so….boyie.

Before Ben was born, I was worried about having a boy. All I had known were my girls, my two princess loving, pink, frilly, doll carrying girls. What was I going to do with a baby boy?

That was more than a year and a half ago now, and I cannot believe how much this little man has filled my heart. He is stinky more times than not, his hair is always a wreck, I cannot seem to keep a single clean shirt on him for longer than 10 minutes, and he makes the biggest mess everywhere he goes.

He takes his socks off and eats them, throws his shoes off when we are driving, and likes to slobber all over our hair in an effort to ‘kiss’ us. And don’t even get me started on the tantrums little man can throw if he feels he isn’t getting food or drink when he wants it. My goodness.

He is a boy, through and through. The girls love him, unless he is trying to grab their dolls. He adores his father, the first child that has preferred Daddy next to me. And he has me wrapped around his little finger, when he is not driving me absolutely bonkers.

And like children do at his age, he is demanding my 100% attention. Which means I have had to let some balls drop. The biggest one being my blog reading and daily correspondence. I love, love, love responding to your comments – and feel terrible that I haven’t been able to do so lately. So if I am a bit quiet, know that it is not you. It is me, or rather – it is Ben. Probably sitting on my lap trying to slam his sticky fingers all over my keyboard.

Being boyie.

Thanks so much for your understanding, and until next time…

Comments

Oh my, I can’t believe it has been that long since you had him! There is just something about boys and their mamas – just wait, as he gets older and takes the protective roll when the daddy is teasing you or something. It’s awesome :). Did I tell you I love your new design? It looks awesome!

too funny! my little guy was the complete opposite from ben. my girls are the crazier ones in the bunch and much messier! oh geez i wish we lived closer i would love to see our kiddos playing together:) while we sat and sew of course:) he is just beautiful! and like you always say to me…dont sweat it, we will be here. he is only that little once.

All of us who’ve had children understand how tough it is to juggle everything through the “formative years” (I think that covers from birth to around age 28), or maybe longer, verdict isn’t in yet!! Do enjoy those little years though, they fly by so fast!! My mother used to tell me that ALL the time, I thought she was crazy, but it is so true!! And we didn’t even have computers to worry about not so long ago!! Best to you and your family.

The are just born “boyie” aren’t they? Like I never let mine watch TV, but here they are playing something called “Star Wars Wrestling” that they have invented without seeing any of the shows in question.

Haha, well this gives me hope that if I have a girl someday, she might be less messy/crazy/sticky than my two boys! They sure are the best!

xo

I sure love my boy. He has been such a change from his two sisters. Today, he has wanted nothing but cuddles as he is not feeling well. So I, like you, am off to enjoy some little boy time.

haha, I’m reading blogs all alone in the dark because my girls and my boy-ie boy have me on my toes as well. :) My 2 year old daughter is really the hooligan of the bunch, but I totally get the boy-ie thing. My little dude makes me chuckle. Firstly, good grief he takes stinky to a new level. He can clear a room. Secondly, he has me good and wrapped. What a cuddler. And his excited little smile, I just need to touch my forehead to his. Every time. Third, unlike my two girls he is at six months absolutely not starting to become a distracted nurser. He is FOCUSED. And I can tell when he’s ready to switch sides because he starts to yell. The food! It must not cease! lol.
    I get it!