KCWC – Day 1, Nautical Stripes & Hot Pink

Are you sewing along with Elsie Marley’s Kids Clothes Week Challenge? This Seasonal Clothing Week always seems to get everyone in on the action, from the biggest sewing bloggers to those who don’t even have a blog! Lighting up the Instagram feed almost as much as a conference does. Mini competitions pop up, its near impossible to keep up with the flickr feed, and it inspires a level of comraderie within our community that is downright infectious!

This Spring I wasn’t planning on sewing along. I really wasn’t.

But then this happened…

I worked so hard all last week on a very complex sewing project, and I was just plum tired today. I needed a break, to sew something quick and fun, and to be creative on a basic level.

And Day 1 of KCWC was born.  I don’t know if I will be able to sew along all week, but if I can squeeze an easy project in here and there – you know I will!

Who else is joining me?

Comments

Vert cute! I love easy projects. I start sewing in 45 min, once my kids are deep sleeping! I’m not sure how much I’ll get done, but I wouldn’t miss KCW for the world. It’s just too much fun.

I know!!! I am at this moment Zoe where I really feel we are at the turning point – and I am desperately trying to hold on as hard as I can :(. Let her keep her innocent childhood a little bit longer!!!!!!!

SO stinkin’ cute, Jess! It almost looks like the light blue knit is a cardi over the striped knit.
    I’ll be making my daughter something this week; probably the Skater Dress.
    Jen (piggybaby) :)

Thanks Kristin!!! Wasn’t sure if I was going to do anymore either, but then I got my hands on some awesome polka dot bed sheets and………………………..

You know how it goes :). I need to see what you made! I was geeking out over the mini competition you and Rae had last time!

Haha, like you could pass this week up, Jess! You make me laugh. Good thing you didn’t pass because this is darling. In fact, I’d like one for myself actually. Can’t wait to see what happens with the polka dot bed sheets!

your first paragraph is just fantastic! I love how kcw lights everyone up! What pattern did you use for this? Or did you just wing it? I love it either way.

Thanks so much Meg! I had a vintage A-Line Dress pattern and used it as my base, and just kinda went from there winging it. There is some major talent in the Flickr Group already, I love checking it out!