Pleated Tote Tutorial – Waterfront Park

MMFBag8

Looking for a fun way to showcase some of your favorite new fabric finds? How about a fun tote you can carry around!

The Waterfront Park Pleated Tote is a fun sewing craft that uses leather, rivets, interfacing, and of course fabric to make a fabulous finished purse that you will love carrying around! With hidden pockets and a re-purposed belt, you’ll adore the little details this sewing tutorial provides.

MMFBag2

Let me show you just how its done…

How to Sew the Waterfront Park Pleated Tote.

TitleMMFBag

Tute9

Tute10

Tute11

Tute12

Tute13

Tute14

And there you have it, a fun tote to sew that you will love to show off to all of your friends! Practice this saying…

Why yes, yes I did make this.

Now smile!

MMFBag5

MMFBag4

You can find the entire Waterfront Park fabric line by Violet Craft for Michael Miller Fabrics on their website here. Its one of my favorite new releases! Thank you again to Michael Miller Fabrics for providing the Girl’s Night Out Los Angeles Dinner attendees such a fun fabric to work with.

On a side note РI have mentioned time and again about getting a new sewing machine on my Facebook page over the past few months. And after much deliberation, I have finally decided on a Bernina 350 PE. Squeal!  Will be picking up my new beauty in just 1 week. Cannot wait!  Will be sure to share all of the details on my new machine when the time comes.

Comments

• Jess says

Thanks so much! I kept looking for colored leather, and short of having it imported from China, this was a great (and cheap!) alternative!

I picked that baby up in Germany Heather, one of the few items that I kept when we moved back home. After all, a girl can never have too much sewing hardware :)

Thanks for the awesome tutorial. The hidden pocket is genius. {Fabric totes are my go-to bags now that plastic bags are a no-no, but I’m forever losing my keys in them.} I haven’t added rivets to any projects for over thirty years, and as much as I like the design feature, I’m a bit nervous about using them again. I have bad memories about the fabric not getting captured under the claws, and the whole thing looking a mess. Do you happen to have a tute on just the rivets?

Sue xo

Very nice! I got some coloured leather from a leather “factory outlet” near me – they sold it by the pound! Yours looks nicer though, the leather I got does not have finished edges.

Ohhhhh – that sounds lovely! I recently picked up a bunch of leather during the Fabric Shopping Weekend in LA, but for this I wanted to use a belt because I knew it would have the perfect finished edges. That….and I had just seen a bunch of them in all different colors at Target that I knew would be perfect. HA

3. Gail says

love the tote! I’ve been repurposing skinny belts as tote handles for a while now. Funny to see someone else doing the same thing! Good job!

4. Brie says

I sew on that exact Bernina and I couldn’t love it more! You will not be disappointed. I love the bag and the fabrics are stunning!

5. Rowena says

Hi I was going to make your purse but I noticed the length says 36″ + 5″. Is that right? the purse doesnt look over 3 feet long to me. PLease let me know so I can resume working on it. Thanks.