This year I have taken up the role of Director of Props for our church’s Christmas play, the Grinch. Which means, it will be a very seussical Christmas in our house. Bright colors, oddly shaped decorations, and everything FUN. I have had to put on my out-of-the-box thinking cap in order to come up with how to make a lot of these, and I am so excited to share them with you!
How to make Seuss-like diagonal christmas present stacks, ala The Grinch.
Handmade Grinch Christmas decorations.
- 3 Boxes, wrapped in Christmas paper
- 2 large Floral foam or styrofoam cubes
- Wooden dowel, the same length you want your present stack to be
- Long drill bit, the size of your dowel
- Power drill
- Hot glue
- Wrapping paper / bows
- Carefully drill a hole on the diagonal through the center of 1 foam cube. Repeat for other foam cube, but this time drill the hole through the center, not on the diagonal.
- Wrap your foam cubes, and use a sharp object to punch a hole through the wrapping paper carefully – where the drill holes are on each side.
- Punch holes through the other non-foam wrapped boxes, where you want the dowel to pass through. Carefully push the dowel through each box. For added security between boxes – use hot glue. When you get to where you want the diagonal box, push the dowel through the foam center diagonal hole.
- Repeat for second foam ‘box’ on the very top, to give it a more magical look.
- Embellish presents where desired.
And you are finished!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time…